Today, is the first day of Fundraise February and we wanted to share with you some of the amazing fundraising initiatives that have been organised already. If you haven’t decided how to fundraise for us this month, read on for some inspiration.
- Millie Foreman is going to ride her bike throughout February to achieve her target of 15 miles. She wants to raise money for us because we send children lots of teddy bears when their daddy’s are away. She also loves their app where daddy can leave her story’s to listen to and messages from him to her. She has already raised £60!
- Another supporter is making bags of toffees and fudge to sell to friends for £5 each.
- Christie Bailey’s family of four will choose to either walk 2.5 miles, cycle 3 – 4 miles or swim for a 45-minute period every day during the month of February. They have already raised £315!
- Zara, Jasper and Cyrus have signed up for a Read-a-Thon.
- Maddy Cane is going to complete 10km of Dishforth Airfield, by running, walking, skipping or dancing. To help raise money and awareness for little troopers. She has already raised an amazing £50.
- Oscar, Oliver and Archie are aiming to walk 20K throughout February.
- On 17th Feb the children at Wendover CofE Junior School will wear their pyjamas and donate £2 to our Charity.
- The amazing Stanley and Maud have once again created a beautiful bracelet especially for our Fundraise February. The limited-edition design carries the message ‘she can, she will’, which reflects the cause. You can order yours here.
Louise, founder of the charity comments: “Little Troopers might be a small charity but we’ve done amazing things over the last ten years. 2021 was our biggest year yet with hugely successful projects such as our school roadshow, SQUAD podcast, Little Troopers Gazette and Christmas Smiles campaign. We’ve got lots of really exciting plans for 2022, but we can only do these things with your support. We need your help to keep Little Troopers going! I passionately believe that all military children deserve to have their unique life experiences recognised and celebrated. Together, we can continue to provide much needed support to all the children in our British Armed Forces community, whenever they need it and wherever they are in the world.”
This year we have also created a special Fundraise February ‘sew on’ badge. Every child who raises money for the charity this month will receive one.
Don’t forget in addition to organising a special fundraising event you can sign up for one of these initiatives to help throughout the year:
- Select Little Troopers as your preferred charity on amazon smile – every time you shop we will receive a donation.
- Set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook – 53 people have chosen to donate to Little Troopers over the last two years and raised an amazing £5,092!
- Sign up to Give as you Live – by shopping through this website the charity will receive a donation. There are over 5,500 online stores including the big supermarkets, travel companies and fashion stores.