This month we’re celebrating and saying thank you to some amazing fundraisers. Their fundraising is helping to ensure little troopers have the support that they need.
We are so lucky to have support from companies, military families and schools. Over the last month we have received over £2,000 from these incredible supporters:
- Little troopers Emma (10) and Lucy (7) raised over £400 with their Marathon challenge. The girls ran and walked 26 miles together, completing a mile before school each morning. Emma and Lucy’s Dad, John, said: “We’re so proud of how the girls have taken on the challenge with such enthusiasm and energy. They have loved having a service club for military children at school and have really enjoyed the Little Troopers workshop and activities, so they wanted to give something back”
- Parker Bullen Solicitors in Salisbury raised £450.00 at their local Armed Forces Day event. They raised the incredible amount of money through fun family games.
- Hannah and Michaela raised over £800 running the Asda Half Marathon in Hull. Hannah’s husband, Peter, is serving in the Royal Navy as a Submariner, which means he is often away for long periods of time and is unable to have any contact with family back home. Paisley and Kenny’s favourite thing to do whilst their Daddy is at sea is to listen to him read them a story with the use of the Little Troopers Treasures app.
- Little Trooper Kiki shows us that every pound raised can make a difference for our charity. Over the last three years she has been finding ways to fundraise for Little Troopers; selling her bike, selling sweets and making bracelets to sell. More recently she raised over £400 completing her 5k run. We are so touched that Kiki is still thinking of us and wants to help lots of little troopers just like her.
Louise, founder of the charity said, “When I founded the charity, my aim was to ensure that every little trooper had the support they need when they needed it. The charity has grown over time and it is so heartening for me to see little troopers and their families fundraising to help us continue that work.”
Looking forward we are so excited that Clare Kelly will be taken on the London Marathon for our charity. Clare said, “I have always wanted to run the London Marathon and I’ve tried every single year for 18 consecutive years and I have never been successful! Until now!!!!!! 2022 will be my year! I have chosen to support Little Troopers. I’ve used so many of their resources for my little trooper when Nick is away and they’ve helped so much. I’d love to give something back. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.”
Please don’t forget that there are lots of ways to help us, every penny raised makes a big difference. You can:
- Select Little Troopers as your preferred charity on amazon smile. Every time you shop a donation will be made to our charity
- Set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook. 53 people have chosen to donate to Little Troopers over the last two years and raised an amazing £5,092!
- Sign up to Give as you Live. By shopping through this website the charity will receive a donation. There are over 5,500 online stores including the big supermarkets, travel companies and fashion stores.