The dust has settled a little after a very exciting week and I really wanted to blog in answer to a question I keep getting asked;
Being in an Army family is a unique experience, our Little Troopers have a lot to contend with. We can’t stop the loneliness and fear children feel when their parent is away, but we can make them feel safe, secure and distracted so they don’t reach crisis point.
To achieve our centre we are launching a Fundraising campaign to raise £1million. This would cover:
- Refurbishment of a building to accommodate 25 families with common areas and an administration building
- Catering areas – kitchen, dining
- Adventure equipment – climbing wall, high ropes course, equipment store
- An activity hall for indoor activities
- Resource area for day courses for families
- A project manager
surely help for heros can help. their centres run at 40% capacity ….. this would be a fab use of their space for the other 60%
Hi there, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately Help for Heroes can't help us, Little Troopers experiencing separation on a daily basis don't fall into their remit.
H4H supports veterans and serving personnel who have been wounded or injured, or have become sick, as a result of serving their country. Additionally their families and dependents receive support from the Charity as they care for their loved one, and adapt to the new challenges that they face