We helped thousands of little troopers in 2023. Before we move forward into this year, we wanted to take a look back at our achievements from the last. It was a busy year with three large programmes of work, supporting children at home and school.
Louise, founder of the charity, said; “Looking back over the last year I feel incredibly proud. It is sometimes hard to truly quantify some of the support we give. One example is we do not know exactly how many children are in the schools who are using our resources. However, I measure our success by the emails and messages I receive from families. I started this charity to help my little trooper and it means so much hearing how we are helping others.”
Please take a minute to watch our video to show how we helped little troopers in 2023.
If you are a number person, you can take a look at our yearly stats below:
- 8668 Little Troopers Gazettes were sent out, with copies going into every E50k Move you in box.
- We posted hundreds of handwritten birthday cards
- 1,000 Separation packs were sent out to families
- 4313 downloads of our online resources
- 26 Registered fundraisers including 8 schools raised money for us
- 40 fundraisers climbed Mount Snowden raising £8,000
Little Troopers at School
- Hundreds of schools have used our resources
- 240 schools accessed our online video content, including our primary school workshops
- Collaborated with one Academy Trust
- Our Secondary school toolkit won a Teach Secondary award!
Little Troopers Therapy Programme
- 72 children have seen a 1-2-1 therapist through the therapy programme
- Three new videos created to support parents at home, which have been streamed 200 times
All Together Deployment Club
- 50 teenagers benefited from two residential weekends
- 160 children logged onto All Together online
- 2,500 Christmas Boxes
- 365 cinema tickets
- Two online events and weekly giveaways
- 12 Little Trooper of the Month
- One new book for under 5s
- Invitation for Louise and two little troopers to Downing Street
Can you help us?
Louise adds, “It is crazy how much our small team can do in a year. Of course our work doesn’t stop here but it is good to take a moment to look back. Our plans for 2024 are coming together including a celebration of 10 years of Little Trooper of the Month. You can help us by signing up for Fundraise February. If you can host a Get Cakey event please click here.”