Through Our Eyes Photo Competition
We have launched a national photography competition to shine a light on the day-to-day lives of military children.
We are asking you to submit poignant photos that capture both the adventures and the challenges of military life as experienced by the thousands of Little Troopers out there who have parent serving with the Royal Navy, British Army, RAF or reserves.
This competition is part of the ‘Through Our Eyes’ campaign which acknowledges and celebrates the unique experience of being a military child.
The winning photos, and the stories behind them, will be shared later this year and also made into a 2021 calendar.
How to enter:
Email us [email protected] with the below information;
- Your photo entry (1MB+ in size)
- Name of child(ren) pictured
- Name of serving parent(s)
- Service (e.g. Royal Navy / RAF / Army)
- Location (e.g. RAF Wittering)
- Contact number
- The story behind the picture (up to 500 words). Tell us about your photo. What’s the story behind it? Who is in the photo? The story can be told in first or third person.
- Confirmation that you own the copyright to the image
- Parental consent to use image in the media and on our channels, including the 2021 calendar
Competition will close on Friday 25th September. Photos must feature a child who has a parent in the British Armed Forces, have a military connection and a heart-warming story. Must also have been taken between May 2019 and September 2020.
Examples include children welcoming a parent home from deployment, watching a military parade or display, saying goodbye to a parent or close friend, moving home or being separated from a parent during lockdown. Group pictures from schools or nurseries with a military connection are also welcome.
All winning entries will receive a prize – a voucher plus a spot in the calendar!
See below competition terms and conditions which must be read prior to entering, we will assume the action of entry confirms entrants have digested and adhered to these;
- Competition is open to all serving regular or reserve British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force families
- You must have permission for the image entered to be freely used in print, media and across all social media and website platforms.
- Winners will be notified by 7th October 2020
- You must be willing for your story and images to be shared in the media and on our social media channels and you may be asked to take part in media interviews
- Images must not have photographers watermarks present
- Images must be of a high resolution to enable printing in calendars (1MB min)
- Please ensure permission is sort if required from biological parents confirming children can be featured in the calendar and associated media
- Please use children’s legal surnames when entering
- Calendars will be available to pre order in October and November